Following a tradition as old as the motorcycle itself, Indian rides out three custom versions of the all-new Scout Bobber. As the title sponsor of the ninth annual Brooklyn Invitational Custom Motorcycle Show, Indian Motorcycle unveiled three custom versions of the all-new Scout Bobber crafted by Keino Cycles, Kraus Motor Co. and skateboarding icon Steve Caballero, in conjunction with Roland Sands Design.
The American motorcycle manufacturer attributes much of its recent growth to its entry-level models which give would-be bikers an affordable road to riding and the new Scout Bobber is among those.
Released mid-July during X Games weekend in Indian’s hometown of Minneapolis, the Scout Bobber represents a core passion of motorcyclists – connection to the road without a need for anything unnecessary. “Strip it down” was the mantra and inspiration Indian Motorcycle used when developing the latest model in its iconic Scout lineup. A low-slung, blacked-out, 100 horsepower, minimalist motorcycle that proves less is definitely more.
Indian Motorcycle specifically partnered with these three highly-regarded customizers, because ‘each brings a uniquely distinct vision and signature style’. The collaboration resulted in three totally unique custom interpretations of the Scout Bobber, cool-looking motorcycles aside, showcases how easily customizable the bike is and the versatility of the platform.
While Keino Sasaki and Satya Kraus carry long-standing reputations forged through years within the customization and aftermarket industry, skateboard icon Steve Caballero has seen his profile increase steadily within the last several years thanks to his love for vintage American v-twins and his participation in festivals such as Wheels & Waves.
With pictures speaking volumes, here are the three custom Scout Bobbers.
First, Keino Sasaki’s vision took the Indian motorcycle beyond its bobber roots. Harkening back to the 1950's, 60’s and 70's, Keino’s custom Scout Bobber was inspired by streamliner trains, airplanes and automobiles.
- Aluminum fuel tank
- Front/rear fender
- Front fairing
- Exhaust pipes
- Beringer inboard brake system
- Custom spoke wheels
- Stock Modified rear set foot control
“When I stripped the bike down to its main chassis, I knew it could go beyond its styling originally intended,” Keino explains. “I hope this bike showcases the possibilities of the Scout Bobber with little imagination and creativity.”
Satya Kraus of Kraus Motor Co was inspired by a new generation of motorcycle riders looking for quality and performance in their American motorcycle and aftermarket products.
- Inverted Front Suspension with Ohlins Forks
- Beringer Radial Brake Caliper
- Beringer Master Cylinders
- 320mm Brake Tech Rotors
- Rotobox Carbon Fiber Wheels
- Pirelli Tires
- Clearwater LED Headlights
- Linear Steering Damper
- Kraus Isolated Risers
- Moto Style Bars
- Rizoma Mirror and Lever Guards
- Custom Seat by Saddlemans
- Billet Rear Shock Mount / Fender Struts
- Ohlins Rear Shocks
- Chain Drive
- Rear Radial Brake Caliper and Oversize Rotor
- Mid Foot Controls using Rizoma Components and Beringer Rear Master Cylinder
- Taylor Schultz Paint Job
- Stainless Steel 2 Into 1 Scrambler Inspired Exhaust Pipe Executed by Fab28 Ind.
“When we build on the foundations laid by tradition we are reminded to learn from the past and push the limits beyond what has been done,” Kraus notes. “Each Indian model platform has unique qualities that offer the aftermarket and consumer opportunities for customizations to easily reflect individual styles and designs.”
It was the style and designs of a street flat tracker that gave Steve Caballero, working with Roland Sands Design, his direction.
- Narrowed Gas Tank 6 Inches
- RSD Enzo Solo Seat
- RSD Hand Fabricated Aluminum Oval Number Plates
- RSD Track Stainless Steel 2-into-1 Prototype Exhaust
- RSD Custom Stainless Steel Mesh Radiator Guard
- RSD Front Belt Guard
- RSD Pulley Cover
- RSD Rear Belt Guard
- Front & Rear Wheel – Indian Spoked Hubs, Re-laced with Excel Rims (Pinstriped by Sonny Boy)
- Front Tire - Dunlop DT3 Flat Track Race Tire (130/80-19)
- Rear Tire – Dunlop DT3 Flat Track Race Tire (140/80-19)
- RSD Traction Grips
- RSD Radial Master Cylinder 9/16’ bore (custom 1”-to-7/8” reducers)
- RSD Radial Cable Clutch Perch & Lever (custom 1”-to-7/8” reducers)
- RSD Mid Controls
- Barnett Cables & Clutches
- Renthal FA Tbar Handlebars
- RSD Pullback Riser 1-1/8”
- RSD Gauge Relocator
- Turn Signals Removed with Custom Spacer
- RSD tracker Fork Brace
- 12.0” Proressive Suspension 970 Series Reservoir Shocks
- RSD Verticle Shock-mount Taq Bracket
- Jesse Davis Pain
- Sonny Boy Pinstriping & Indian Headdress and 12k Gold Leaf Work
- Colors – Grigio Telesto with Brushed Silver Sides
- Powdercoat Work by Specialized Coatings (Huntington Beach, CA)
“The Indian Scout is a fantastic platform for customizations, and when we decided to customize a Scout Bobber for the Brooklyn Invitational I knew I wanted to work alongside Roland and his team at RSD,” Steve Caballero explains. “As a renowned bike builder, Roland has extended experience with the Scout platform and has a suite of offerings for the street flat tracker look we wanted to achieve.”