Harley-Davidson and Marvel have unveiled Super Hero Customs, a collection of 27 custom Harley-Davidson motorcycles inspired by some of the most iconic Marvel characters. Just like characters in the Marvel universe, no two customized Harley-Davidson motorcycles are the same, different powers, agilities and looks.
However, this story should come with a warning for readers outside of Australia and New Zealand, these superhero rides are only available in those two countries.
The collaboration showcases some of the most popular Marvel characters and Harley-Davidson models such as a Groot-inspired Street Glide Special from the Touring range, a Thor-inspired Breakout from the Softail family and a Black Widow-inspired Iron 883 from the Sportster family to highlight just a few.
Celebrating not only Captain America’s first appearance in a Marvel comic some 75 years ago but the famous hero’s lengthy history of riding Harley-Davidson, a unique custom motorcycle.
“The spirit of freedom is alive and thriving in the Harley-Davidson Street Glide Special,” Harley-Davidson spokesperson, David Turney says, “Like Captain America, it leads from the front with strength, power and endurance, enabling you to venture to new worlds and beyond.”
Aside from the Captain America model, other custom motorcycles were completed by various Harley-Davidson dealerships. The Harley-Davidson and Marvel Super Hero Customs range includes the following characters and participating dealerships:
- Captain America, Street Glide Special (Touring) – Harley-Davidson Australia & New Zealand head office (NSW) - Seen above
- Spider-man, Iron 883 (Sportster) – Phil’s Garage (NSW) and Canberra H-D (ACT)
- Iron Man – Muscle (V-Rod) – McIver & Veitch (NZ) & Adelaide Bike Works (SA)
- Thor, Breakout (Softail) – Harley-Heaven Western Sydney (NSW)
- Hulk, Fat Boy Lo (Softail) – Geelong H-D (VIC)
- Hulk, Breakout (Softail) – Sun City H-D (QLD)
- Spider-Gwen, Street 500 (Street) – Gasoline Alley Harley-Davidson (QLD) & Fraser Motorcycles Newcastle (NSW)
- Black Widow, Iron 883 (Sportster) – Harley-Heaven Melbourne (VIC) & Sy’s H-D (NSW) Seen Above
- Wasp. Iron 883 (Sportster) – Fraser Motorcycles Perth (WA)
- Groot, Street Glide Special (Touring) – Fraser Motorcycles Wollongong (NSW) & Central Coast H-D (NSW) Seen Above
- Ultron, Night Rod Special (V-Rod) – Horsham H-D (VIC) & Harley Central (VIC)
- Drax the Destroyer, Fat Bob (Dyna) – North Coast V-Twins (NSW) - Seen Above & Richardson’s Harley-Davidson (TAS)
- Black Panther, Breakout (Softail) – Fraser Motorcycles Concord (NSW) & Western Ranges (NSW)
- Ant-Man, Street Bob (Dyna) – Harley City (VIC) & Gold Coast Harley (QLD) Seen Above
- The Punisher, Forty-Eight (Sportster) – SunShine Coast (QLD) & Rolling Thunder MC (NZ) Seen Above
- Ghost Rider, Road Glide Special (Touring) – Morgan & Wacker Brisbane (QLD)
- Thanos, Street Glide Special (Touring) – Harley-Heaven Adelaide (SA)
The complete range of superhero custom motorcycles can be found on Harley-Davidson's event website. We strongly recommend readers take twenty minutes out of their day to cruise through the different creations and cleverness shown in the entire range of custom rides.
“We customized the Captain America Street Glide Special to inspire Harley-Davidson dealers across Australia and New Zealand to create their own Marvel character inspired custom motorcycle using the wider H-D range. The results have been phenomenal. A true combination of super powers, with over 16 Marvel characters represented,” Turney says.
The highly anticipated Captain America custom Harley-Davidson motorcycle will be on display at Myer, Pitt Street Mall, Sydney from August 15 through September 5.
Harley-Davidson and Marvel fans can visit participating Harley-Davidson dealerships which will have their individual Super Hero Custom motorcycle on display or visit h-dmarvelcustoms.com to vote for their favorite character, trait or bike. Consumers will go in the draw for a chance to win the ultimate Harley-Davidson and Marvel holiday to Hollywood and Las Vegas.
“Harley-Davidson and its dealers have done an amazing job with this Marvel inspired collection. It’s exciting to see such a rich legacy of iconic characters and their individual stories so creatively captured,” said Gavin Ashcroft CMO of the Walt Disney Company AUNZ.