The funds raised through the auction of this Yamaha YZF-R1 2016 Movistar MotoGP Replica will go to a good cause, underprivileged children in Bolivia, but may require some shipping if won by anyone in North America.
Yahama and MotoGP legend Valentino Rossi have joined forces to benefit the La Gotita charity, an organization that benefits underprivileged children in Bolivia by taking them into community centers that provide education, health care and personal support to allow them to develop into adults with a proper start in life.
This isn’t the first time the different parties have worked together, a similar auction was held last year to benefit the children’s charity. The latest effort features an exclusive 2016 Yamaha YZF-R1, autographed by nine-time champion Valentino Rossi, who will hand over the bike in person to the highest bidder.
As well as having a livery inspired by the Movistar Yamaha MotoGP team’s legendary number 46 YZR-M1, the two-wheeled collector item features a personalized seat as well as an autograph and dedication from Rossi on the windscreen. Enticing racing fans even further, the winning bidder will meet Valentino Rossi in a special celebration of handing over the motorcycle during an official Yamaha event.
Riders reaching for their wallets could win the following;
2016 Yamaha YZF-R1 2016 Movistar MotoGP Replica
- 998 cc, 4-cylinder engine, producing 200 horsepower
- Advanced electronic systems control
- 3D Data-logging with 3 gyroscopes and 3 accelerometers
- Traction Control and Slide Control based on lean angle
- Lift Control and Launch Control
- ABS/Unified Brake System
- Deltabox short wheel base aluminum chassis
- Roadgoing weight of around 199 kilograms
- Swing arm with reinforcement, magnesium frame
- Magnesium wheels and aluminum tank
- Different riding modes with variable settings
- LCD Thin Film Transistor (TFT) instrument panel
Additional Special Features
- Movistar Yamaha MotoGP 2016 livery which isn’t available for general sale
- Valentino Rossi autograph on the windscreen
- Personalized seat graphics
- 46 competition number
And that better be a pretty deep wallet, the reserve price starts at 60,000 Euros, roughly $65,000 dollars. The auction kicks off on October 30th and all the details can be found on the Charity Stars website.